1. Product Introduction of Umbilical Catheter
Umbilical Catheter is designed for intermittent or continual access to the umbilical artery or vein of the newly born or premature baby. It can be used with venous or arterial routes for infusion, transfusion, administration of medication, blood sampling, pressure measurement etc.
The Umbilical Catheter is made from the raw material PVC in medical grade, it is consists of connector and shaft.
2. Product Specification of Umbilical Catheter
3. Feature of Umbilical Catheter
1. Non toxic.
2. Smooth rounded closed tip.
3. With X-ray.
4. Blister package.
5. Sterile by EO, single use.
4. Direction for use of Umbilical Catheter
● Place patient under warmer.
● Hold umbilical stump and scrub with betadine (avoid pooling at patient's sides secondary to to blistering under warmer.
● Drape in sterile fashion (leave head exposed for observation).
● Flush catheter (3.5 Fr for preterm to 5 Fr for term newborns and attach to three-way stopcock).
● Place purse string suture or umbilical tape at jct of skin and cord to provide hemostasis and to secure line.
●l Cut cord with scalpel 1 cm from skin.
● Identify the vein.
● Gently advance catheter until blood returns and then advance 1-2 cm more (usually a total of 4-5 cm in term infant).
● Secure the catheter using the purse string or umbilical tape and then secure to the patient.
● The catheter can be advanced to the IVC using a standardized graph, if CVP monitoring or high concentrations of glucose are indicated.
● Confirm catheter location radiographically.
5. FAQ of Umbilical Catheter
Q: What is the delivery time if I place my order?
A: Delivery time is around 45 days, if you have special requirements, pls check with us, we will try our best to meet you.
Q: Can you supply the relevant documentation?
A: Yes, we can provide most documentation including CE, ISO13485, FSC, FDA where required.
Q: Can I get samples before my order ?
A: Free samples are available.
Q: What's the transportation way?
A: DHL,TNT,FEDEX,UPS,EMS, By sea or By Air.